Friday, May 22, 2009

Friday Funnies - Everyday Signs

I'm starting a new weekly(ish) series, "Friday Funnies," - It was inspired by the antics of commedian, Mike Williams, who visitied our church a few weeks back. What I loved is how he found the "funny" in people's everyday stupidity. I know... I know... that doesn't sound very "Christian"... :) His premise was that God allows stupidity in our lives because he has a great sense of humor, Himself.



Personally, I KNOW God has a sense of humor. I have a basement full of carefully-packed dolls from my childhood: Madame Alexander, Barbie, Glamour Gals, and the entire "Melanie's Mall" still never-removed-from-box. I was sure that I'd have a daughter one day. But God chose to bless me two amazing sons. So those dolls remain boxed up... granddaughters one day?? :)


But I digress...


Mike Williams shared some signs he's found out and about -warnings or instruction signs that were probably put up with the best of intentions, but fall seriously short of their intended message. You can watch a portion of his skit here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdE70-Os38o. Wait for the part about the sign at the McDonald's Drive-Thru...!!



All you need to discover God's Humor are eyes and ears. It's everywhere. Here are just a few funny signs that I've accumulated...! Enjoy the giggle...!









And my personal favorite - a vintage ad:
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

No comments: