Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Has Gone To The Dogs...

Saw this post on a friend's Facebook page:

A Nativity Scene was erected in a church yard.
During the night, someone came across this... An abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to sleep. He chose baby Jesus as his comfort. No one had the heart to send him away so he was there all night. We should all have the good sense of this dog and curl up in Jesus' lap from time to time. This is too sweet not to share...not to mention that the dog breed is a "shepherd!"


First of all, I really hope someone adopted this cute puppy!! And second of all - how powerful is this... that when you're lost, abandoned, or alone, you can ALWAYS curl up in the lap of God and feel protected.

Psalm 4:8
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Christmastime is a season of great joy and fun for many, many people... Yet, for others, it's a harder time - a time of loss, sorrow, or hardship. We pat ourselves on the back for donating a toy, or a meal, or a coat to some charity organization, but many of us really have NO IDEA what it feels like to be lost at Christmas. My hope is that everyone can take a minute to curl up in the lap of Jesus... and take a moment of comfort from whatever hard things that affect their lives.
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid?
The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

May the PEACE of the Lord be with you this Christmas season!
:) Mags
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

3 comments:

Sharlotte Hughes said...

What a comforting message. Thank you Mags!

Belle said...

This is a beautiful picture and post. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the beautiful post and message. We needed that.
Odie