Sunday, September 4, 2011

What Does a Bald-Headed Cleaner-Guy and Jesus Have in Common?

We have this walk-in shower that is all one piece (floor and walls) - the engineers that designed it tried to create a no-slip surface by subtly mottling the floor.  I don't know about "no-slip" (get some conditioner on it, and it's quite slick!), but those little divots sure get dirty quickly... and are nearly impossible to clean!


Enter the Mr. Clean Magic Bathroom Eraser... (*pause for Superhero music):

With a little effort, the dirt that has fused itself to my shower floor "magically" disappears!  What's interesting is that the little white brick started off looking like this:

But now looks like this:

Aside from the fact that it's NASTY, notice that after it removed? absorbed?  all of the stains (leaving my shower floor sparkly-new again), the sponge-like pad is deformed... dirty...broken... completely used up.  

JESUS did that for us.

Jesus was like the brilliantly-white, new Mr. Clean Magic Eraser who came down to earth to clean up our mess.  By the time His task was complete, He was tired... broken... and completely used up.  He was the "Magic Eraser" to our sinful lives.  And, because of Him, we can be shiny new each day... every time we ask for forgiveness.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)


 ... What we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! Look at it! All this comes from the God who settled the relationship between us and him, and then called us to settle our relationships with each other. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world a fresh start by offering forgiveness of sins. 

2 Corinthians 5:17-19ish (MSG)



I'm thankful that every day (every hour or minute if I need it!), I can ask for forgiveness and receive it.  I can be washed clean with Jesus the "magical eraser" of sin.

:) Mags


Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

3 comments:

Belle said...

Love the analogy! I use Mr.Clean eraser too and it is wonderful. I do need to be washed clean each day by the blood of Jesus, that is for sure. I am thankful for His forgiveness.

Cindi said...

LoL Mags, great analogy. I love Mr. Clean and magic erasers.

This Mom's Heart said...

I really love this. I was really wondering, after seeing the title, how Mr. Clean could have ANYTHING to do with Jesus- but what a unique and beautiful insight! I love when God speaks to us in the ordinary.