Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit - LOVE Layout

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
1 Corinthians 13: 1-7 (The Message)
God = Love. He loves His masterpieces... His children... His creations. He gives us 10 Commandments to follow - and then adds two rules above and beyond those: To LOVE God, and to LOVE our neighbors. That is how important LOVE is to Him.
For our Scrapbooking Bible study, we discussed "sacrificial love" - loving others so much that you put your own wants and needs aside. This is hard, for sure - and often a daily struggle for all of us. Selfishness comes easily to humans... sacrifice is not a comfortable word.
For myself, I feel that on my very "best" parenting day, I am self-sacrificing... because when you bring a child into the world, suddenly it's not all about "ME" and ALL about them! Here is the layout I created for "LOVE:"



Credits:Papers and buttons by Jenna's GardenRibbon created by MagsGraphics (that's me!)Love Wordart created by MagsGraphics (still me!)




Credits:
Papers and buttons by Jenna's Garden
Ribbon created by MagsGraphics (that's me!)
Love Wordart created by MagsGraphics (still me!)




What do you love most about your family? Who in your life has been a model for Christ-like love? And who are YOU modeling sacrificial love to?
See you next Thursday for the next layout!
♥ Mags
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

1 comment:

"D" said...

Yours blog is a blog with good content.

Your Niche is good and could bring you more readership. It could be used for Niche Building.

Try looking for ways to monetize your blog too. You can do paid reviews for advertisers.

This will let you earn money to blog.

A unique way of earning in your free time writing your favourite blog offered by BlogCytes

It is just my suggestion as i find good potential in your blog.

Good Luck !!!