A GREAT RECIPE
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day.
And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
Talk to God about what is going on in your life.
Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
'My purpose is to __________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants,
and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water.
Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the
past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king or queen,
lunch like a prince or princess,
and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have
to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words:
'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask and believe.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are in need.
Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time.
You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings.
You'll be smiling before you know it.
WOW... what if we tried this? Or even 5 or 10 of them? How much better would your life be if you let go of the trash in your life and embraced the wonderful things? How much healthier would your body feel if you followed the food suggestions? How much healthier would your heart feel if you followed the faith invitations? This year, I invite you to get your well-being in order... to straighten up your mind, body, and faith so that you achieve contentedness with your life and faith. Try out the suggestions above. Start reading your Bible. Find the good in your life and hang on for all it's worth! Remember...
Start with God—the first step in learning is bowing down to God;
only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.
(Proverbs 1:1 - The Msg)