Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Karaoke Tuesday: Wait and See

Consider this song called Wait and See by Brandon Heath.
(View lyrics here)

I am a work-in-progress... ever-evolving. I am a daughter, a wife, a mother, a volunteer, a graphic artist, a techie, a blogger. I am a chauffeur, an event organizer, a party planner. I am a referee, a C.O.O. (of our household), and a chef. I am a student; I am a teacher. I am a Christian; I am a child of God. I have held many roles - sometimes concurrently. I have succeeded... and, at times, I have failed. But continally, I am a work-in-progress.

Author, Marianne Williamson said this:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

I love Brandon Heath's music - and this particular song reminds me that even though I serve in specific roles, that God is not completely finished with me yet. My job(s) will continue to adjust, to grow, to change. He is constantly molding me, like a blob of clay, into a new creation that will further serve the purposes He has set out for me.

And while I travel these paths - while I serve in these different capacities, I should be confident that the Lord of all Creation, who also created ME, would want me to tackle the tasks He has set before me with the best of my abilities and the sure confidence that He does not make mistakes. I need to shine - and bring Him the glory.

What are you good at? What talents and gifts have you been blessed with? How can you use these talents to shine for the glory of the Lord? Because as Marianne Williamson also said,

"Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don't know it....
The spiritual path -- is simply the journey of living our lives."

So get on out there, and SHINE ON...!
Listen to this song HERE on Last.FM.
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

No comments: