Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Found God In An Invitation...



I'd heard pastors preach about "inviting God into your life," but I don't think I really understood what it meant until recently ... "recently" being the "big computer crash of '08!".

I decided that God might need a more formal invitation from me - more than the pleas that occur during a problem ("Oh God! Oh God! Please don't let my computer be busted!"), so I stopped for a moment to say

"God, I invite you into my life today - please join me as I work to create new digital images. Please come with me to workout at the gym... because I know this IS NOT my favorite thing to do and I'm likely to run out of steam."

And crazy enough, I've actually felt a little bit empowered since then! I think that if I invite God into my life and into each day, that if I pay attention, I'll see hundreds of little signs each day of which diretion to go. That's not to say that God ignores people who don't invite Him in - I'm just thinking that those people who DO might be more attuned to the little signs that God provides them each day.

What do you think?

Feel free to leave you comments below - I'm still trying to work this all out in my mind, myself!! :)

Happy Day,

:) Mags



Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

That is so true, Maggie. I think God is there whispering to us more than we realize. We just need to be still and listen to what He is saying. He stands at the door and knocks, but WE need to let Him in.