Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit - GOODNESS Layout

In October, my husband went to Austria for a 16-day Mission Trip to Haus Edelweiss. It is a school where Missionaries and Pastors can go for Master's Classes in Divinity - completing an entire semester class in 2 weeks. He was there as a short-term worker: fixing things, building things, preparing meals, cleaning up, and talking with the missionary students. In order to go on the trip, David had to take 2 weeks of his own vacation time from work - and our family had to give up two weeks with him. It was a l-o-n-g two weeks here for sure... I probably lost all of my sanity and patience with in the first week... but my kids and I knew that this was an important trip for Daddy to do - and for the students who would benefit from his service. That is why I chose his experience for my "GOODNESS" layout:


David's perspective on those who work and live in the Mission Field is forever changed now that he's had more 1st-hand knowledge of the kind of life they lead. And my kids have seen that it is important to help others - even if it means sacrificing your vacation time to do it. I'm so proud of David!
♥Mags
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

No comments: