Friday, February 29, 2008

Not God... but We Found Evil In The Sunday Coupons Section...

My dear hubby works for a company that is half-owned by our local grocery store - so he is VERY knowledgable about groceries and coupons and where things are located IN the grocery store (a rare skill in men, let me tell you!) ;) He is also the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of our family (I'm CDO: Chief of Daily Operations), so he will usually be the one to peruse the coupons and find the ones that we can use and get the best deal. (Ah... I know what some ladies are thinking... and remember, thou shalt not covet your neighbor's husband...! LOL!)

He was cutting out the coupons from last Sunday's paper, and on one of the coupon pages was a 1/2 page coupon for PLAYBOY Magazine!! Complete with a big, busty, scantilly-clad lady on it...! Wh-at? We have NEVER seen anything like that before... especially in the coupon section of the paper!! And considering I think it's mostly women who cut the coupons (although maybe I'm wrong about that), why would there be an ad & coupon for a Men's Magazine there in the first place? It's like the half-naked ads of women for make-up or hair products that you find in People Magazine or some other women's type magazine... I'll never understand that one... But I digress........

My point is while we can find God in everyday places... working daily in our lives, we can also find Satan in everyday places. Not the crimson, horned-headed beast of fairy tales, but the fallen Angel who drops temptations into our laps-- luring us into making bad choices. It is up to us to be ever-watchful and resist those temptations.

I use The Message translation of the Bible and 1Corinthians 10:13 says No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it. That should be a comfort to you - that you are not alone... others have felt your temptation... and God will be with you as you resist.

I don't know you - but I'm thinking of you today... and saying a prayer that you find the strengh you require.

:) Mags
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

No comments: