Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Karaoke Tuesday: "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew

As a child, I hated rainy days... it meant being trapped inside with "nothing" to do... like the sad kids watching the rain in The Cat In The Hat book, rain = boredom, in my book!

Now that I'm a "grown-up," I appreciate the pause that a rainy day might bring. Perhaps we have to cancel our busy outdoor plans and just hole up inside, watch movies all day, and be lazy bums. Considering that's one of my very favorite things to do.. a rainy day isn't looking all that bad now!! *wink*

I look at rain with a new perspective now because one of my other favorite songs is Todd Agnew's Grace Like Rain. Here are the lyrics.

It is such a comfort to know that for all of the mistakes I make (daily!) and for all of the sins I accumulate (many!), God's GRACE allows me forgiveness. Like a rainstorm, there is no part of me untouched by God's grace. I am "washed clean" by his love - and so are you. That gives you a whole new perspective on a rainy day now, doesn't it?! :)

Grace Like Rain is one of the ones that plays on this blog, but you can also hear it here on Last.FM.

Revel in the grace that God gives you, and have a great day!

♥Mags

Song: Grace Like Rain
Artist: Todd Agnew
Album: Grace Like Rain
Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

It is a beautiful song and a great analogy.

We have a church song that the kids sing that is very similar:

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

-"When I Am Baptized"