Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Found God In My Job...

I am "Mom" to my sons, Jack and Luke.
No one else can do that job.
Others can be "dad," "grandma," "grandpa," "aunt," "uncle," or "friend," but no one (not even a step-mom or 2nd-mom or surrogate mom or honorary mom) will ever be THE "Mom" to my kids.

Over the years, my job title has varied from "daughter," "sister," "student," "teacher," "friend," "girlfriend," "wife," "crafter," "blogger," "tech-girl," and more. Often, I multi-task several of these jobs at one time.

But none will carry the life-long impact that my job of "Mom" will carry...

It's a heavy responsibility, for sure.

Now... let us think of Jesus and His job:


Jesus is the Lord.
No other "deity" can do that job.
Others may be Zeus, Allah, Creator, Ishvara, Krishna, Buddha, Aten, whatever.
But the Bible says in John 14:6, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"


NO ONE comes to the Father except through Him.

Nevermind my job... THAT is a heavy responsibility! :)

I'm sad to admit it... but there are days when I grow weary of my job. Even though I love my kids dearly... there are some days when their bickering or whining or complaining is enough to make me want to either hide in my closet...... or hop on I75 and stay there until I reach Florida. There are days when I feel resentment towards the Moms who pop off to "work" and get adult interaction all day... and there are many days when I feel tired... ashamed... defeated... in this critical job that I hold.

That's another important distinction between my job and the work of Jesus. Fortunately, Jesus is never weary of all of the bickering or whining or complaining of His kids... because I'm sure the noise of all the world's problems is deafening!! He knows how overwhelming our days can be... he is with us on the big issues... AND he is with us on the tiny issues that build up on us until we're ready to scream...

God: Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Psalm 119:114, King James Version

When you are feeling tired and defeated in your job... whether it is the kind that pays in money... of the kind that pays in love and snuggles and sloppy kisses, Psalm 119 is a good one to visit. It's long - 176 verses... but it will bring you comfort to know that Jesus is never "sick-and-tired" of His job of loving you and caring for you. If you feel you are desperate to hide in a closet... or escape to Florida to be relieved of your frustrations...

I'm feeling terrible—I couldn't feel worse!
Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
When I told my story, you responded;
train me well in your deep wisdom.
Help me understand these things inside and out
so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
My sad life's dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
build me up again by your Word.
Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;
grace me with your clear revelation.
I choose the true road to Somewhere,
I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;
God, don't let me down!
I'll run the course you lay out for me
if you'll just show me how.
Psalm 119:25-32

You can call out to God and He will be there for you - guiding you... calming you... helping you. You have the most powerful being in the universe on your side... Really... how could you fail?!

Have a blessed day,
♥Mags





Pin It! Share this article on Pinterest!

No comments: